Account Opening Guide
1. Please download the following files and forms from //www.jmjkzv.com.cn/en/DC/daition/index.aspx
2. After downloading the files please read the Disclosure Statement and the terms of the risk in the account contract carefully, and understand the transaction fee charges. If any questions, please feel free to call the Galaxy International Customer Service Hotline at (852)3698 6700.
3. Complete the Account Opening Form if there are no problems with the account opening agreement and the transaction fee charges.
4. Customers can choose to open a [securities cash account] or [securities margin account] and / or [futures account]. In addition, customer must complete and sign the standing authority under Securities & Futures (Client Securities) Rule attached along with the Account Opening Form; if only [securities cash account] / or [futures account] is opened, it is not necessary to fill in and sign this standing authority.
5. Please fill in all relevant parts of the application form (ie from 1 to 8), any incomplete or missing information will cause unnecessary delay, or even result in the application to be rejected.
6. After the completion of the Account Opening Form, a licensed representative of China Galaxy will present and witness the customer signing of the form. (ie the 2nd page of the Account Opening Form). If the Account Opening Form is not signed with the presence of a licensed representative of China Galaxy, then either a Justice of the Peace, practicing solicitor, certified public accountant, notary public or other professionals has to be presented in order to witness the signings of documents and related identification documents. In addition, the witness has to sign part 9 of the Account Opening Form and to certify the customer’s ID copy. A copy of the witness’s business card and professional qualification certificate has to be provided to prove his/her qualifications. It is important to aware that the account can only be opened when it is accepted by us.
7. If a client who has opened a [securities cash account] before and wish to open a [futures account] in addition, client can submit another Account Opening Form. If the previous account has been opened for more than three months, then an address proof has to be provided and a new Account Opening Form has to be filled in.
8. Please submit the completed Account Opening Form together with all supporting documents to us
i. In person
Bring the completed Account Opening Form and all supporting documents to our office and sign the relevant documents in front of the licensed representative of China Galaxy.
The account opening procedures require at least two working days
ii. By mail
? If there is no licensed representative of China Galaxy to witness the signing of the Account Opening Form, the client can mail the completed and signed Account Opening Form to us together with all supporting documents and a cheque bearing the client’s signature with amount HKD$10000, made payable to ‘China Galaxy International Securities (Hong Kong) Co., Limited’ / ‘China Galaxy International Futures (Hong Kong) Co., Limited’ and send to the Customer Service Department with the address as ‘20th Floor, Wing On Centre, 111 Connaught Road Central, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong’. The cheque must be issued by a Hong Kong registered bank with your name pre-printed. The signature of the cheque has to match the with the one of the Account Opening Form; or
? If the client does not want to pay by cheque, he/she can mail the completed Account Opening Form and copies of all supporting documents which have been certified by Justice of the Peace or professionals (e.g. Justice of the Peace, qualified accountant, Lawyer, or Notary Public) to the Customer Service Department with the address as ‘20th Floor, Wing On Centre, 111 Connaught Road Central, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong’.
The account opening procedures require at least three working days. (Counting from the day the Company receives the Account Opening Form and all the supporting documents)
9. After receiving the Account Opening Form and relevant documents, a licensed representative of China Galaxy International will provide the risk disclosure statement to the client:
2 If the client comes in person, the licensed representative will provide the risk disclosure statement to client face to face.
2 If the application is sent by mail, the licensed representative will call the client by a recorded telephone to provide risk disclosure statement.
10. After finishing the above procedure, the company will start approving the account.
11. After the approval of the account opening, the Company will send the Account Opening Confirmation, Copies of account opening documents and Account Opening Agreement to the client according to the deliver method that he/she has chosen and the correspondence address written. (If account is applied by mail, it will only be opened after the cheque has cashed in.)
12. If the client applies for the electronic trading service, he/she must choose to use email address as the corresponding address, as the password has to be sent via email to the client. After receiving the email, if the client wants to open the exchange password file which is attached with the email, he/she must need to follow the instructions in order to open the file. The Company will send the account confirmation letter and the electronic trading password separately.
Notice on account opening:
1. If there are any information needed to be corrected or deleted, please sign next to the corrected or deleted part.
2. Please fill in all relevant parts of the account opening application form, if it is irrelevant, write N/A.
3. If the correspondence address is different from the residential address, the client has to provide the correspondence and residential address proof which has to be within the recent three months with the name, address and date of issue.
4. For residential address please fill in the residential address which the client is living in at the moment, but the P.O box number.
5. The default electronic trading quotation is a delayed version. As a result, if the client wants to have a streaming version instead, he/she should fill in the Electronic Trading Quotation Service Application Form and submit it together with the Account Opening Form.
6. In order to protect client's assets, please ensure that the account number, electronic trading password are kept safely and confidentially. Before receiving the account opening confirmation, please do not deposit funds to us. If the client changes any personal information after the account opened, (e.g. name, address, telephone number, email address etc), please immediately contact us with a written consent which should include account number and client's signature. The account information maintenance form can be downloaded from our website.